De Trustedbird Client Wiki
Trustedbird project is composed of several modules:
- An email client, based on Mozilla Thunderbird with several integrated features, called Trustedbird.
- Add-ons, working with Mozilla Thunderbird or Trustedbird.
- Server scripts, to manage an email gateway with priorities.
Trustedbird email client
Trustedbird is an email client based on Mozilla Thunderbird with several additional features:
- Enhanced Security Services for S/MIME (RFC 2634)
- DSN (Delivery Status Notification) ⇒ the backend is now integrated in Mozilla Thunderbird 3.
- SMTP PRIORITY extension
- Secure Headers
- SASL EXTERNAL
- French localization add-on for Trustedbird (optional)
Add-ons for Mozilla Thunderbird or Trustedbird
|Multi-LDAP||Address autocompletion with several LDAP directories.|
|Check Recipients||Checks the existence of email addresses from local address books or LDAP.|
|Directory Contact Tabs||Displays additional information about contacts from LDAP directory servers.|
|Card Viewer Extended||Displays the certificate of a contact in local address books or LDAP.|
|Send Format LDAP||Gets supported email formats from LDAP.|
|CRL over LDAP||Imports CRLs from LDAP directories.|
|Notification Viewer||Identifies and displays DSN (delivery receipts) and MDN (return receipts) notifications.|
|MDN Extended||Handles MDN deletion receipt.|
|DSN Settings||User interface settings for Delivery Status Notification (DSN) requests.|
|Out of Office||Vacation notifications and redirections using Sieve.|
|Message Remote Services||[Only for Trustedbird 2] Interaction with Trustedbird using a Java API.|
|XSMTP||Adds headers for priority, confidentiality, ...|
|XIMFMAIL||Produces forms based on a XML definition.|
|Mail XForms||XForms-based forms in compose and read interfaces in order to send information through email headers.|
|Priority email gateway||Set of scripts to setup an email gateway managing several priorities (with Postfix and Qpsmtpd).|